Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Windy City

I always learn something new everyday. These are just a couple of things I've learned during my stay in Chicago:

1) Chicago is known as the "windy" city because of the politicians rather than the windiness of their city. interesting
2) When people are around the stadium (football, baseball, etc) with a sign "I need tickets" means they are selling tickets, not wanting tickets. This is to prevent them from getting arrested. Interesting again.

Anyways... I said I would update my blog with some pictures from Chicago. More pictures will be posted as my stay in Chicago goes on. This is basically my last summer break for the rest of my life, so I need to live it up. Chicago is my last vacation spot before rx school (excluding baltimore).

'nough of the blabbering, here are the pics!

The bean:

The Art Institute of Chicago:
the lion with the blackhawks helmet on


The Chicago hot dog:
Deep dish pizza @ Gino's:
Homemade food at the cousins:

Lincoln Park Zoo (FREE!!!):
John Hancock Observatory:
The part of the city I am staying at: Old Town
(& eric)

*EDIT*

More things I've learned:

3) Lake Michigan is actually made up of salt water... not fresh water like a "LAKE" is supposed to made up of. There are always exceptions!!!

1 comment:

  1. awww all of you guys are all traveling too! =] looked like a LOT OF FUNNNN <3 i miss you love!

    ReplyDelete